About The School
Bright Beginnings is a fully-accredited preschool opened in 1982 and continuously operating since our beginnings, successfully and lovingly teaching preschool children. In 2006 the school relocated to Southside Christian Church facilities at 4111 Webber Street where it continues to offer it’s expertise in youth education for preschool children aged 2 to 5 years.
We believe in providing young children emotional security, physical development, intellectual and social development and stimulation, proper nutrition and a safe, healthy, cheerful environment with and outstanding curriculum and programs, outstanding staff and staff training, positive interaction between staff and children, staff and parents, administration and staff in an early childhood setting and nurturing, trust, respect and love for one another and the environment.
Bright Beginnings Preschool has a theme-based creative curriculum which includes several special activities including art every day, computers for our Pre-K classes and weekly creative movement, music, Spanish and cooking in the classroom. We hope your child will enjoy fun, rewarding educational experiences. Activities that seem like play are really carefully planned physical and mental learning experiences. Our aim is a happy, well-balanced child - socially, emotionally, intellectually, physically and spiritually - with a positive attitude about both self and the learning process.
Goals for Early Childhood Programs
* Provide a firm structure in which children can operate in an informal way.
* Develop the self-concept of each child.
* Make play an important part of every day.
* Individualize and diagnose skill instruction for each child.
* Provide continuous progress in the development of readiness skills for each child.
* Present many opportunities for decision-making.
* Introduce and practice freedom with responsibility.
* Allow children to think for themselves and express their opinions.
* Keep an accurate record of each child's progress.
* Create a relaxed and flexible atmosphere.
* Provide the time to allow children to discover the joy of learning.